Monday, November 05, 2012

Laura: October Recap

Laura is as hilarious (and clever!) as ever.  Here are some of my favorites from October:

Laura's been getting better at saying her L's... she's still not quite there yet, especially with her own name!  She'll say "Walla" when we force her, but she insists her name is actually "War-War."  Hmm...

Laura has been playing doctor with a pretend stethoscope, usually checking our feet for a pulse (I think she got that from Little Mermaid).  She asks every day if she can ask Santa for a "doctor kit" for Christmas.  I think Santa can make that happen! ;-)
"This is a good day. I'm having fun at the Bahamas!"

During the NY Life annual dinner, Laura had to go to the bathroom.  When we got there, we found all Junkanoo "princesses" hanging out till the parade started. "Wow! Princesses!"  A nice woman took our picture and we went back to table.  About 30 seconds later, Laura said she had to pee again.  Daddy spent 20 minutes in the ladies room with princesses.  The "princesses" were really sweet, and were letting Laura sit on their laps and play with their costumes.  Then parade started - which was just so amazing, anyway!  Laura's favorite princess (the one in red) grabbed Laura and carried her for first 20 feet of parade!!!!!  Laura's been playing "band with princesses" since we got back from the "Hamas!"

Me: Ugh! My feet hurt in these shoes!
Laura: Mommy, I think you could take off those shoes when we get to the room and then they wouldn't hurt you no more.  And then I could wear them and Baa could wear your gold shoes! How bout that?

Laura: Oh my gosh! My eye is hurt! 
Me: Laura! That's your freckle!
Laura: I have a fweckle?

(The next day)
Laura: what's that mud on my face?
Me: Um, your freckle
Laura: Oh yeah!

Justappeared - disappeaerd.  I love this one, as my brother said the same thing at the same age!

Laura: Daddy! You a tiger!
Nate: ROAR!!!!
Laura: A nice tiger.
Nate: Roar!
Laura: A baby tiger
Nate: (roar)
Laura: Aw! Do you need a mommy?

Laura was having a pretend phone call with her friend, Audrey who has a new baby brother:
"Oh I know!  My brother does that too.  Isn't it so annoying?"

Me: Do you need to pee on the potty?
Laura: No, I'm hanging out.

1 comment:

Ana said...

Laura: Daddy! You a tiger!
Nate: ROAR!!!!
Laura: A nice tiger.
Nate: Roar!
Laura: A baby tiger
Nate: (roar)
Laura: Aw! Do you need a mommy?

This is fantastic, clever girl.