Friday, November 02, 2012

Flower Girl

On October 17th, we loaded up the car to drive to Tennessee for my Aunt Jen's wedding.  And when I say loaded, I mean it!  On our trip down, we had three adults and three tots in carseats! 
Mom had to work the next day, so she followed with Maria and Jarrett on the 18th.  Boy, did she miss some fun!  Everyone who was already in TN went out to dinner.  I learned how to wink!
Mom was in my hotel room when I awoke Friday morning.  Dad was trying to be all quiet so I wouldn't wake up (so Mom could get a nap), but I popped up like a spring daisy and said, "Hi, Cait!"  I was sent to Grandma's room a few minutes later...  But after Mom got a nap, I got to go for a playdate with my cousin Jameson and his two cousins L&L, who are only a little bit older than me, while our moms were at a bridal luncheon!  It was so much fun.  I got to play with all my friends later that day, too, at the rehearsal dinner!
After the rehearsal dinner (did you know you have to practice eating dinner?  Me neither) we went out in downtown Nashville for a little bit.  Daddy bought me some real cowboy boots!  Two of the pairs are so big, they might fit me in elementary school someday.
The next day was Saturday: THE WEDDING!!  I went over to the wedding site early to practice being a flower girl, and to get gussied up for the big event. 

 Mom also let me use the camera on my own for a bit, so I took a little self-portrait.

 I loved my pretty flower girl dress, even if Mom made me wear the brown boots with it, rather than my new (real!) pink ones.










I was really excited to see my friends in their dresses, too.  I really like L&L and am so glad they are sort of my cousins!  I get to see them almost every time I see Jameson, and we always have so much fun!
 The big girls had beautiful bouquets to hold.  They were a bit heavy for us little girls!
 The kiss!  Just like in a fairytale!
 Gavin was there, too.  He also had cowboy boots, but they didn't stay on very well.

 Aren't we a beautiful trio?

 I was a bit sleepy...
 Gavin was a bit hungry (surprise, surprise)...
 I was more than a bit sleepy!  I fell asleep as soon as I finished dinner, in the middle of a bite of cake pop!
 I am told my mother didn't leave the dance floor all night.

 Gavin was so sad for the night to end!
We all had so much fun, and are incredibly happy for Aunt Jen and Uncle Jared!  Happy wedding to the new Mr. and Mrs!

No comments: