Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving, we rented a house in Lewes Beach, DE with Daddy's family!  It was a really big house (with a really comfy couch) that we could all spread out in, and really enjoy each other's company.  Gavin and I had so much fun playing with our cousin.  She's just a month younger than Gavin - how fun for the two of them to grow up so close in age!  I am much older and wiser, which means I have lots of fun bossing them around!

Gavin kept pulling Nico's hair.  We think he was trying to get some for himself.  She does have plenty to share.  I felt bad for Nico, though.  Little brothers pulling hair is the worst.  I told her, "Sometimes Gavin does that to me too, Nico.  I don't like it either.  Stop pulling hair, Gavin!"
Mom has been trying to get me to laugh at the camera, rather than scream "CHEESEEEEE!"  She thinks she's getting better results.  I think she's making me look maniacal. 
Gavin and Nico had the most fun sitting next to each other in their "big kid chairs."  Newsflash little guys: you are not big enough for big kid chairs; those are little baby chairs.
The house came with a big fishing pier.  I forgot my rod, but Nico thought Aunt Maria's would work for her.
TURKEY!  Not that I ate any, of course.  But even though I didn't eat much food, everyone else did.  Nico enjoyed her first bites of mashed potatoes.  Gavin gobbled up some squash soup.
And that night, we all got to wear our Christmas jammies for the first time!  I picked out all three pairs.


There were plenty of hugs all weekend.
And even a few trips to the beach!


Poppop thought we'd look cute as a "cousin train."  Mostly, we all just fell over in the sand.
Our house was very close to Henlopen State Park, which is also Fort Miles. 

I got to use my digger.  I also really loved running after the sea foam that the big waves left behind.  I was so sad that the foam turned to sand when I tried to pick it up.  No pictures, of course.  What's the point of having a papparazzi trail if they (MOM) always miss the good shots?



There was a very pretty little lighthouse just past the house we stayed in.
Our houses might be divided, but that's ok.  We can still be friends.
Lumberjacks unite!
This Thanksgiving, I was thankful for:
Tutus and party shoes
Ballet school
Ballerina princesses
Princesses
Library books
Marshamallows and Hershey Kisses
Big girl undies
My baby brother, Gavin (even with the hair pulling)
My mommy
My daddy
My puppy, Riesling
Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins
My baby dolls (especially Bitty Baby and Coraline)
My "Big Girls" and "Kids" (imaginary friends)
Tickles and cheek raspberries

1 comment:

Julie said...

Dear Laura,
It looks like your Thanksgiving was everything you could have wished for? Your hair is getting nice and long and your cousin Nico's hair is lovely. If Gavin doesn't get hair soon, we can send him a nice cap from California.