Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Daddy had a birthday yesterday, which means there are only a few more birthday before MINE!  I have been waiting the better part of a year for my birthday to happen again.  I love birthdays!  The cake baking, the singing, the cake eating... Or in Daddy's case, the pie baking and eating!  So here's how we celebrated:

On Saturday, Mom went to work for a few hours, so it was just Dad, Gavin and me!  We went to the local high school for a big fair.  I got my face painted for the first time!  Daddy also gave me some dollars, and let me pick something very special to buy.  I couldn't choose between a tutu and a headband, but went with the headband since I didn't have any at home.


On Sunday, Grandma and Grandpa met us at Boordy Vineyards for their annual Soups in the Cellar event.  Wine, soup and music!  Sounds like fun!  Mom, Dad and Grandma like the pork and lentil soup the best.  Grandpa liked the Maryland crab soup the best.  I wasn't very interested in soups... so I just sorta ran around!  Gavin got to try a carrot from Mom's soup, and I think he liked it!


Yesterday was Daddy's actual birthday, but we just had a quiet evening after school.  Mommy made tacos in the crockpot, and I ate my dinner all!  I liked having the dinner all rolled up, even if the beans kept falling out the back.  Mommy also made Daddy a birthday apple pie - it was really yummy!  One more surprise for Daddy: Mommy finally had our 2011 Yearbook made.  I had so much fun looking at all the pictures of Baby Laura from back in 2011.  Gavin wasn't even around yet!  My, how the times do change...

And just because he's cute, here's a quick picture of Gavin:

No comments: