Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Poker Night 2011

I spent the weekend up at Grandma and Grandpa's house!  I was really looking forward to going, because my cousins Emmy and Andrew were going to be there too.  They are technically my second cousins, but I love them so much.  Emmy is really sweet, and loves playing with me.
A game of ball with Emmy
The grown-ups were being silly, as always.  On a nice, beautiful, sunny day (our first in a long time!), they were hunched at tables with these small paper slips and stacks of plastic coins.  Sometimes one grown-up would have a lot of the plastic coins, but then he'd have to give them all to another person.  I guess it was a pretty good exercise in sharing those funny plastic coins.
Grown-ups are so silly
While the grown-ups played their odd game, I made use of the sunny weather and the pool!  My Uncle Vin's mom was visiting - I just love Mrs. Margaret!  She was my pool buddy for a while.
Chillaxin' in the pool
The grown-ups played their game for a long, long time.  Finally, after the sun had set and it was almost bedtime, they picked a winner.  Emmy's dad, Kevin, got to take all the plastic coins, all at once!  And then he traded those plastic coins for that green paper my mom is always after!
Winner, winner!
If I had known the game led to the green paper, I might have been more interested in learning how to play!

No comments: