Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dear Cousin

Dear Elizabeth Ruth,

I am your cousin, Laura Rose, and I am so excited you are finally here!  We are cousins, which is a very special thing to be.  Together, we will torment our grandparents at holidays, running all over the house and getting into everything we can.  We will spend just enough time apart to miss each other in a way we'll never have with any possible siblings.  We will have so much fun together one day, and then will wonder the next how the other is doing, way off at her own house with her own mom and dad.

Cousin, I am already counting the ways we will get in trouble together.  I'm older than you by almost 20 months, which means I will come up with the ideas and then blame them on you.  Since you are younger, you won't get in as much trouble for the ideas I feed to you.  It's going to be so much fun. 

I don't know when I will finally have a chance to meet you and maybe even give you a kiss on your soft little foot.  I do know that I can't wait to see you.  I will start practicing your beautiful name now, and maybe I'll be able to say it when I see you. 

Love Always,

Cousin Laura Rose

1 comment:

parke.burmeister said...

Dear Cousin Laura,

I'm only a week old, so I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about all the way we will get into trouble. Those years still seem so far away, and I haven't even gotten to meet my dogs or see my own room at the house yet! But my dad has told me all about you when we are sitting and talking on the couch. I am so excited to know that I have an older cousin, who also really isn't THAT much older. I can't wait to meet you, and I can't wait to meet your mom and dad, Auntie Caitlin and Uncle Nate! Please come up soon.

Love,
Elizabeth