Thursday, September 08, 2011

Labor Day

Hi Guys!  My mom sort of took over Le Blog for a while there, but here I am!  Back at the keyboard and ready to share some of my awesome adventures.  This past weekend was really exciting.  For some crazy reason, my mom and dad were home for THREE days instead of just two!  We had an action-packed weekend in honor of the third day.

On Saturday, I put on a party dress for my buddy Jackson's 2nd birthday!  I like getting dressed up.  I do not like having my hair done, but beauty is a sacrifice.

 Jackson's party was a lot of fun.  A bunch of my best friends were there, including Julia and Danny!  We played with trucks and balloons, ate cake, and whacked a fire truck with a stick for a while.  I'm still trying to figure out why the parents were actually encouraging such violent acts, but whatever.  They seemed to be amused, and you know how hard it is to keep those parents amused.  We were good sports and went along with it.  Besides, after the moms destroyed (the poor, innocent) fire truck, we got to scramble for packs of goldfish and raisins, so it was a win-win!
When we got home from the party, my Aunts Liz and Maria were at the house!  I got to visit with the aunties, which is always fun.  They always make such a fuss over me!  I love it!  We didn't get too many pictures (still without a camera, MOM), so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Mom and Dad thought we should spend our extra day off at the State Fair.  The weather was getting cloudy so at ten, Mom said, "Now or never!"  Halfway to the fair, it started to pour.  So we went to Best Buy to get a camera.  Mom and Dad got confused, did NOT buy a camera, but did receive a phone call from Danny's mom:  the rain had stopped (for a minute) and they were heading to the fair too!  So off we went to the fair.  It.was.AWESOME.

Mom tortured me on the carousel.  She couldn't figure out what was so scary about pretty ponies going up and down, up and down.  I cried.  The whole time.  But when I got off the ride, Danny was there!  With his mom, Becky!  Who is my favorite!  I love her so much, I often call her "Mama!"  We hung around the fair, ate some fried oreos, won a few toys, saw LOTS of cows, pigs and sheep, and then got to ride some tractors!  Other than the cows (moo!), the tractors were the highlight of my day.  I could have spent hours, just sitting on my tractor, rolling around the fair.
 I'm so glad the rain held off for my first fair experience!  Tuesday, I was back to school again.  It was Grampy's birthday, so I posed with Riesling for this photo.  I'm wearing what Mom calls "A True Fall Outfit," complete with pants!  I guess Mom is really excited for some cooler weather.  Hope you are enjoying a drier fall week than we are!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey Laura, what's up with the fried oreos?????