Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lazing About

Whew, guys.  It's been a crazy-busy-fun summer, and we're only just halfway through!  We have a lot more planned ahead of us, but this past weekend was a welcome respite from the busy.  We spent Saturday chilling in our jammies, just playing and being silly.
Tug of War with Daddy
Mom and I ventured out of the house (in play clothes; we're not heathens) on Saturday afternoon to get some supplies she needs for a Christmas Tree project.  Um, Mom?  It's August.  Why are you already starting on Christmas trees?  I think Grammy's Christmas illness is contagious.  But I guess that's not such a bad thing to catch.

On Sunday, the family headed to my friend Julia's house for a little pool time.  The skies looked threatening before we left our house, but I had a feeling it would clear up by the time we got there.  I was right!  We played and splashed in the pool, then played and ate in the cool shade of Julia's (and her parents) screened in porch.  My mom kept saying, "Next house... next house..."  I think she wants one of those screened porches!  It was a lot of fun seeing Julia with her mom and dad for a few hours. 

If there's one thing I've learned in all my eighteen months, it's that one should try to get out of the house a little, even on lazy weekends.  It's so much more fun to spend the day at home, after getting a little fresh air somehow!

No comments: