Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to Basics

You may have heard about Irene.  I have heard lots and lots about Irene, and I think people assume I have met her.  Apparently, she stopped by the house overnight this weekend, but I must have been asleep because I don't remember meeting anyone named Irene.  She can't have been a very nice person though, because she stole our electricity!

Well, without any TV or refrigerator, the folks and I have decided to get back to basics a little bit.  We have played and played and played till our sides hurt with laughter.  We have ridden pretend ponies:
 And taken walks to see the damage Irene left behind (seriously, this woman is up to NO good!):
We've had candlelit evenings.  We've read LOTS of books.  We've played pretend.  We've had playdates at friends' houses.

We don't have power, which means we don't have a microwave.  My mom has been feeding me a rather strange assortment of foods.  But we're making do.  I hear it's a blessing we have hot water, for which we thank something called "Natural Gas."  We'll get our electricity back sometime, but I'm having just as much fun without it!

Last night, my dad was talking about the TV.  I looked over at it, pointed and said, "OH, yes!"  I had completely forgotten about the TV!  Sorry to my friends Dora, Diego, Elmo and Cookie Monster - I guess I don't need you that much after all!

No comments: