Friday, August 05, 2011

Adventures in Plumbing

My mom stepped in a puddle of water on Tuesday night, right in front of the dish rack.  I told her to investigate the problem, but she just threw a dish towel onto it and walked away.  When she stepped on the same spot and felt a cold, wet towel under her toes on Wednesday night, she came to her senses and checked out the problem.  A cracked drain pipe.
Before
Mom made me stay in the family room while she investigated under the sink.  I guess she was worried that I would try to play in the puddle or with the various household cleaners stored under the sink.  I was happy enough to stay out of the way - Sesame Street was on!  I did, however, suggest to Mom that she post about the drain pipe woes on Facebook, as perhaps someone out there would know how to fix it.  Lo and behold!  Several great friends had suggestions for fixing the leak! 

Grandpa came out yesterday to help me solve the problem.  I held the flashlight and talked him through the tricky parts.
Don't worry, I have a flashlight!
I made sure to peek at Grandpa's work from time to time, to make sure he was doing everything properly.
See that, Grandpa?  I'll point it out to you.
And, voila!  The sink is fixed!  I'm a really good plumber.  I wouldn't be surprised if they make a video game based on  my life, where I leap through drain pipes and over carniverous plants in the name of saving Princess and Toadstool.  I bet that would be an awesome game.
Showing off the fruits of my labor
Thanks to everyone who sent suggestions to my mom!

No comments: