Thursday, August 04, 2011

Family Reunion

I've been spending a lot of time with my dad's family lately, so I firmly suggested to my mom that is was time for a visit with her family.  She took it to heart and had Grampy arrange things with Aunt Alice and Uncle Peter.  I packed my things and flew up North for the weekend!

We stopped in Concord for a brief overnight visit.  Once we were all coordinated, we hopped in Grampy's big car and drove up to Vermont.  Land of green mountains and cows.  Moo.
Checking out the sweet ride at Grammy's
Our first order of business in Vermont was to meet up with Grampy's whole family for a wine tasting!  I hear the grapes were nice and grapey with some fermented grape flavor to them.  I stuck with the milk in my sippy.
Cheers, y'all!
After the wine tasting, Mom, Dad and I visited Uncle Tom & Aunt Denise (Daddy's family) for dinner at their house.  They made really yummy beef tenderloin and veggies... and I got to have a whole cupcake!!  I forgot to bring my sippy and mom was starting to get worried when Aunt Denise brought out the coolest sippy ever - it's covered with Vermont animals!  I love using it!  Aunt Denise is a lot of fun and let me run all over their house, playing with all my toys.  Uncle Tom is really silly and has a very loud laugh. 

Back at Uncle Peter's farm, I got to meet Boo!  Boo is a really fun dog.  She says "rrrrrrruf!" and like to play.  Sometimes she gets a little too playful and knocks me over, because she doesn't understand that I'm too little to just push her off.  It gets a little scary, but I L-O-V-E her anyway.
Sit, Boo!
Uncle Peter and Aunt Katherine had a big tent set up overlooking the cow pasture.  We spent a lot of time under there, enjoying the fresh Vermont air and staying cool, out of the hot sun.  I liked running around to see the cows, chickens and piggies.
Chillin' with my Grammy
On Saturday, we had a lovely memorial for my Great-Grandpa who passed away a few weeks ago.  Everyone said lovely things about him.  I chose to enhance the service with song.  I thought it was tasteful, but Daddy did take me over to say hi to the cows a few times.  After the service, the mood got light again and we all went to the river for a dip.  The water was super cold, but the tadpoles and polliwogs we saw didn't seem to mind!
Mom with Aunt Betsy
 It was a great weekend, and I was sad to get back in the car to head home.  Partly because I didn't really want to spend another four hours in the car... but mostly because I had so much fun with my family!
Mom, Uncle Peter, Aunt Torie, Grammy, Aunt Alice, Grampy, Uncle John, Aunt Betsy, Uncle Kyle, Me, and Dad
I am so glad I got to spend such a great weekend in Vermont!  Thank you to Uncle Peter and Aunt Katherine for hosting us.  I'm so glad everyone could make it.  What a great idea I had!

1 comment:

Sogni Burelli said...

Dear Laura,
Boo wanted me to send you her greetings (which sounded like: rrrftlaurawoowoo) and tell you she really enjoyed your company. She apologizes for any rough behavior, she knows she is still learning how to be with smaller people, but you taught her a great deal. She hopes you will come back and visit all of us but especially her.
Thank your mom for her sweet note and tell her we enjoyed spending time with her, Nate, and you.
Bye for now!
Aunt Katherine