Monday, July 18, 2011

WtP: My first movie!

Mom and Grandma took me to a big Egyptian pyramid to see Winnie the Pooh on Friday.  They say it was a movie theatre... I was very impressed with the sphinx at the front door.  When we got inside the theatre, there were big, red seats that kept folding up on me.  Mom and Grandma finally put their purses on the seat to help weigh it down, which was fine by me, since they both had lots of snacks in their purses for me to munch on! 

After waiting for about eighty million years (or twenty minutes), the movie finally started!  Within the first few minutes, Grandma was humming along to the familiar music and Mom was laughing out loud at the cuddly characters.  Mom was really impressed with the animation, and how closely it stuck to the books.  She has also firmly resolved to finally get past the first two chapters of Winnie the Pooh, in which she usually loses her commitment and puts them off till another day.  To that I say, what about your "Summer of Classics" reading challenge, Mom?  Doesn't WtP count for that?

Anyway, I was pretty interested in many parts of the movie.  I was also very interested in snacks, squirming, and the little girl sitting behind us.  I could see her through the crack in the big, red chair.  She had a big bucket of fluffy white snack that looked yummy.  Mom says I'm too young and could choke, so here's a chicken nuggest instead.

Mom was really impressed with the clever animation, which highlighted letters and words in the font that is so memorable from the books.  Pooh and his friends literally walk across pages and paragraphs, as the narrator reads the words shown on the screen.  The animation was really simple, but it really made the connection between the original books and the animated feature.  At least, that's what my mom says.

At one point, a little girl next to me screamed with fright when the Backson loomed out of the woods.  But she was laughing hysterically soon after.  I didn't think it was scary.  I knew it was a farce the whole time.  Mom says the movie is very appropriately rated G and that it was the perfect length for a family outing.  Just as I was getting a little too squirmy for Mom's taste, the movie ended!  In a most satisfying manner!  With no creepy woosels or heffulumps or anything!

My favorite part was when Pooh started dreaming about honey.  All his friends turned into little, happy honey pots, and then he starrted swimming through the honey!  I watched this whole part without even reaching for one snack, it was so great! 

My mom says I was really well-behaved, considering my age.  I was squirmy and snacky, but I am only an eighteen-month-old! If you are thinking of seeing Winnie the Pooh, please do!  And if you were thinking you'd see HP7 instead, see both!  WtP is definitely worth the movie ticket!

No comments: