Sunday, July 24, 2011

Get Me to the Church

I got a new aunt this weekend!  My Uncle Matt (who is really my cousin, but uncles are more fun) got married to his sweetheart, Melissa.  We have loved Melissa for years and years, and now she's officialy part of the family!  Welcome, Melissa, we are so glad to have you!

Before the wedding, my mom painted my toenails for the first time.  I was so excited to have pretty toes just like all the other girls!  And what better occasion for pretty toes than a wedding!
 I got to wear my new party dress to the wedding ceremony so I could see all the ladies in their beautiful dresses. Mine was the prettiest dress, but Melissa's was right up there!





After the beautiful ceremony, I headed down the road to Uncle Taylor's for a sleepover.  I changed into playclothes and said bye to Mom and Dad.  Taylor and Julia (I love her!) took me for a walk through their new town.  We let Dolly slide down the slides, since they weren't too hot for her bottom.

 We also got to see a statue of the Hadrosaurus - a dinosaur discovered in Taylor's town!  I love dinosaurs, so this was a big treat.  I would have liked to have played with the dinosaur for longer, but for the heat.
 So we headed back to Taylor and Julia's for a snack in the a/c and some great playtime.  I had a great time with them!
And while I wasn't there to witness it for myself, I'm pretty sure my mom and dad had a great time at the wedding reception.  Mom came to pick me up in the morning and told Taylor, Julia and me that there was some great dancing all night.  I was slightly jealous of the dance party I missed, but I'm pretty sure I had way more fun with my Taylor and Julia!  We all had a really great weekend!

No comments: