Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another Great Weekend!

I must be the luckiest kid in the whole world.  It seems that almost every weekend, I get to see at least one set of grandparents.  This weekend, my mom and I hopped on one of those plane things and flew up to see Grammy, Grampy, Aunt Sarah, Uncle Parke and Aunt Torie!  There was a "baby shower" for Aunt Sarah, which means I'm going to have a cousin real soon.  I can only imagine how awesome it will be to have a cousin and partner in crime. 

It took a little longer to get on the plane than my mom anticipated.  We actually tried to get on, waited around, waited some more, and then went home to sleep in our own cribs.  THEN we finally got on a plane very early the next morning.  I'm pretty cheery in the morning, so I wasn't phased by the early flight.  After we got off the plane, we hopped in Grampy's big car and drove up to Aunt Sarah and Uncle Parke's!  I love their house - they have two dogs, a pool, and a petting farm all right there!

So excited to be in Maine!
I hung out with Grampy and Uncle Parke while Grammy, Mom and Aunt Torie went to Aunt Sarah's shower.  I hear the food was delicious, the setting was gorgeous, and the company was delightful.  All I know is that I had a blast at the pool and didn't get knocked over by any cows! 
I <3 Grampy
 After the shower, we all drove back to Grammy and Grampy's for some good times playing with dollies.  My mom had a lot of dollies growing up, so I got to play with a bunch of hers.  I really liked the smaller one with long brown hair.  She was really easy to carry all around.
Dolly, Laura and Grammy
 The next day, we all went to another petting farm!  Drumlin Farms is where Aunt Torie used to go for Pollyfrogs & Frogs when she was in preschool.  She was really excited to show me around the place. 
This rocking horse has a real saddle!
 I especially loved the tiny, puffy sheep.  They are all babies (like me) and super cute - also like me!  Grampy fed one of the sheep some grass, even though there were signs all over the place asking us not to feed the sheep.  Of course, once I saw Grampy do it, I just had to give it a whirl.  I'm a rebel.  But it was totally worth all of Mommy's worries to feel that funny sheep tongue on my hand. 
Sheep!
After the petting farm, Mom and I had to get back on a plane.  Just like before, it took a long time waiting at the airport before we could get on the plane, take off, and land back in Maryland.  I was a little wound up and Mom was a little cranky.  But we finally made it - and when I saw Daddy waiting for us at the airport, I was pretty excited! 

I love all our weekend adventures, seeing grandparents left and right, but I'm pretty excited to kick back and relax at home this weekend.  I'm pretty sure my mom feels the same way!

No comments: