Monday, April 01, 2013

Trip to Grammy's

Mommy decided at the very, very last minute to take me on her "no kids" trip to Grammy's house on March 15th!  We didn't tell Grammy and Bimpy until I was on the plane, when we sent this awesome picture.  I was so excited to be able to go to Grammy's house one last time before their big move!


When we got to Grammy's house, Mommy remembered why she hadn't planned on taking kids - the house was a beehive of pre-move activity!  The floors were covered with cardboard, while the movers boxed and packed and moved.  Mommy kept trying to help go through stuff, but also had to keep up with curious me.  I got into everything - boxes included!


My favorite part was going through the cupboards, and emptying out all the muffin tins and cake pans.  I made the same big mess over and over!  But Mommy said at least I was sort of contained, and nothing was breakable.  She mentioned her back hurting from carrying me so much?  I was slightly clingy, which isn't how I usually am, so Mommy carried me a lot.

Saturday night, Mommy and all my aunts and uncles through a BIG birthday party for Grammy!  Lots and lots of friends showed up, and everyone wanted to hug me.  I was ok with a few hugs here and there, but I was pretty tired from helping the movers pack all day, so I just wanted my Mommy.  She put me to bed where I slept uncharacteristically badly.  I just wanted to be included in the party (and/or be wearing my sleep sack that was in the washer, silly Mom)!


We packed some more on Sunday, oversaw a bunch of stuff being loaded in a UHaul to be driven by Bimpy to our house, and then hopped on a plane back to Maryland.


Mommy says it's funny to think that we won't visit that house again.  I think that as long as we can visit Grammy and Bimpy, it doesn't matter what house they're in!  And besides, we'll always have The Cape!  Here's looking at you, kid!

No comments: