Thursday, April 25, 2013

Red Shoe Shuffle

We got up really early on April 14th to drive into Baltimore for a race!  Our whole family ran in the Ronald McDonald House Red Shoe Shuffle 5k.  Mommy borrowed a fancy jogging stroller for Gavin to ride in (Team Gummi Bear), while Daddy and I were going to run together (Team ThunderCats).  But I was a little grumpy, and even though I had a race bib and timing chip, I decided I'd rather ride in the stroller.  I defected to Mommy's team, and Gavin was kind enough to hop onto Daddy's shoulders for the run.

Mommy and I stayed with Daddy and Gavin for the first little bit while they got situated.  But once Daddy figured out how to run/walk with Gavin, Mommy and I totally ditched them!  Mommy wanted to get a good time on the run, even though she had never run with a stroller before.  I liked going so fast in the comfy stroller, and waving to all the people cheering us on.  I was pretty sure we were supposed to be running TO a hospital, not FOR a hospital, but I was a pretty good cheerleader for Mommy anyway.

We crossed the finish in 34 minutes!!  Go Team Gummi Bear!  Daddy and Gavin came in with a 45 minute time, which isn't bad since Daddy had to walk so much of it.  The best part was the ice cream I got to eat at the end.  And that all the runners raised over $250,000 for the children.

Mommy would like to add that she and Daddy had a great night out with Matt and Melissa the night before, while Gavin and I stayed home, playing with Mommy's friend Becca.  The grown-ups went out to dinner at Tio Pepe (I hear it's fabulous), then saw Les Miserables at the Hippodrome.  They came home with rave reviews of their evening.  I got to have breakfast with Matt and Melissa the next day after our race - a fun weekend all around!

No comments: