Friday, December 07, 2012

Deck the Halls!

On Saturday, Laura threw the nosiest tantrum ever on the way to a Christmas Tree Farm.  Something about a ring that she left at home?  I don't know - I tried to sleep through the noise.  At any rate, Laura stopped crying, we got to the farm, and our friends Chris and Jackson were there, too!  We were all picking out Christmas trees for our houses!

Laura loved running from tree to tree, chasing Jackson, being chased by the grown-ups, and roaring like a dinosaur as loudly as possible.
 I loved sitting on the soft grass and reaching for the pine needles.  I thought they looked especially tasty.

We finally found the perfect tree!  It's tall but not too tall, and nice and round at the bottom.  Daddy had a big saw that he used to cut the tree down. 
 Imagine my delight!  A whole tree for our little house!  The occasion merited a fancy hat in celebration.
 Mommy strung the lights, and Laura got to add the final touches!  She did a great job with the star.
I also liked her Cluster-style decorating method.  It's very Avant Garde.  Or maybe Abstract Expressionist.  At any rate, our tree looks fantastic!
Mommy also decided it was time for new garlands in the dining room last year.  Up they went!
Daddy thought our Mer-Riesling would feel more seasonal with a Santa hat.  I agree.
Mommy also made this wonderful little felt tree with some of her friends.  The ornaments all stick on with Velcro.  Laura is having SO much fun decorating and redecorating the tree.  I can't wait till I'm bigger next Christmas, and can help Laura decorate the felt tree - if she'll let me! 
I'm still new to this "Christmas" thing, but I think it's really great.  I love gnawing on the Little People Wise Men in Laura's nativity set, and the twinkling from the cheerful Christmas tree lights is just fascinating!  What a wonderful time of year!


No comments: