Thursday, October 04, 2012

Work with Mommy

Gavin got to go to work with Mommy a few weeks ago, which is cool and all.  But I wanted a turn at Mommy's work, too!  So on Tuesday, I packed my things, dropped Gavin off at day care, and jumped on the train with Mommy and Grammy.  I really enjoyed the train ride, but was a little miffed when I had to sit on Mom's lap as the train filled with commuters.
20121003-160726.jpg
We finally got to Mommy's work and I started quietly exploring my surroundings.  I really wanted a few minutes to just look around before I started talking to any grown-ups.  Mom had a teddy bear on her desk who became a new BFF, and I got to coloring on Mommy's desk.  I also helped Mom organize her calendar and enter some data on the computer.20121003-162226.jpg
20121003-162406.jpg
After a while, Mom had a meeting to go to, so Grammy and I went out into the galleries to visit "Tony" the dog (Owney) and ride on the BIG TRUCK!  Grammy says I wore out the seats on the truck.  I think she's exaggerating a little.  I did have fun driving the Freightliner, and I did not want to share with other museum visitors!
Next up was lunch with Mom and her coworkers in the big conference room.  I didn't really want to jump in on their conversation, so I stayed pretty quiet until it was time for hide and seek.  Those big conference tables were great for hiding under!  I had some really good hiding spots - no one could find me!  I ran off a ton of energy, and was ready for a nap.
I got to sleep under Mom's desk - with my new teddy bear BFF snuggled with me.  Mom only brought one blankie (what a rookie mistake) so I snuggled under her lab coat for some extra cuddles.
20121003-160746.jpg
After nap, I played in the galleries for a little bit longer before catching the 4:20 train home.  I had a really fun day with Mom and Grammy!  I'm so glad I could come into the city!

No comments: