Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Laura: September 2012

I was pretty good about noting all the cute things Laura said and did in September!  We are in the height of potty training, and she's doing pretty well.  I give some credit to her current princess obsession, since her pull-ups and undies are all princess themed.  Towards the end of the month, on the 23rd, Laura woke up around 2am, all panicked and disoriented trying to get to the bathroom: "I HAVE TO PEE!" To her credit, she did!  This was a few days after she woke up dry and announced, "I kept my diaper dry all night because I wanted to keep it dry. I'm a big girl and big girls keep their diapers dry!"  We're getting there!

In September, Laura's favorite books were Ferdinand, Stars, Caps For Sale, and Rainbow Fish.  Laura know Ferdinand almost completely by heart, and can find the word "Ferdinand" on every page.  We talk a lot about the little F, and try to find it in Rainbow Fish now too.

Laura's favorite movies were The Little Mermaid and anything related to Babar on Netflix.  Laura will be dressing as Ariel from the Little Mermaid for Halloween, and I think we'll look for some Babar books the next time we're at the library! 

Laura blogged a little bit about her current PRINCESS obsession.  The force is strong in this one.  She wears my silver ballet flats (princess shoes) whenever she has a chance.  Here are some princess conversations I wrote down:
  • Me: Laura, I love you my princess!
    Laura: (sigh) but I not a pwincess.  I don't have my crown or neckalace on!
  • (running through the house screaming) AAAAAH! There's a monster chasing me!!  He's trying to get my pwincess shoes!!!
  • After tears when I wouldn't let Laura wear her tiara to school, we had a long talk about wearing our princess crowns in our hearts.  We looked at pictures of Princess Kate, to see that real life princesses don't wear their crowns all the time!  Laura was rather unconvinced.
  • Laura insists on changing into a princess dress every day after school - her Steelers tutu dress is a favorite!
  • After soccer practice: "Princesses can kick the ball, too!"
  • Um, yeah.  Laura started soccer at school on Wednesdays.  She's growing up so fast!

    And here are some other cute things Laura has said and done:
    • Abra casabra the potato is gone! (it wasn't, but she definitely wasn't eating that potato)
    • Dancing to 'mercials (ads) on tv
    • "Play the clap one" means Laura wants me to sing Miss Mary Mack
    • I figger it out!
    • That puppy has beautiful eyes and beautiful wittle feet and I like his ears and wittle tail! I really like that wittle dog! That dog is like Jenny!  (I can't remember the last time Laura saw Jenny!)
    • Arnisus - rhinoceros
    • I don't think daddy's eating at the table with us. Looks like he's eating in the room where it's messy
    • I think Gavin needs a bottle and a fluff
    • Muffin mitt - oven mitt
    • Pwobly I can buy housekeeping for my house if I ask Santa (I can't believe she remembers Santa!)
    • Busquito - mosquito (they love her)
    • (a sudden outburst of noise and wiggling in the car) A monster is wiggling me!!!
    • (pretending to take her "kids" to the baseball game) I'm not able to get to the game!
    • I don't actually want to listen (well, ok then!)
    • Me: Laura, Don't sit on your brother.
      Laura: But he's a train!

    No comments: