Monday, April 02, 2012

March Recap

Some months I'm great at writing down all the hilarious things Laura says and does.  Other months, I start off strong... and then drop the ball a little bit.  March was one of those months.  Laura was absolutely hilarious and wonderfully TWO the whole month, but I was only able to jot done some of what "cwacked us up".  Here's what I have:

  • Laura was wearing her backpack (a mouse), and "put" an imaginary backpack on Ries, saying "Ries hab a Dora packpack!"  This was one of those brief moments where Ries wasn't hiding from Laura (or stealing her food)
  • Laura started reading a book to herself with "Hippopotamus time" - once upon a time
  • I tried to get Laura to eat her dinner by saying, "Dora eats *her* dinner!"  To which Laura responded "My don't!"
  • Laura is in a big girl bed!  She loves it, and has adjusted really well.
  • I was being sarcastic, responding to something with "Oh! Who knew?"  Laura answered "Waura!"
  • Nate was voicing Ries's thoughts: "you crazy kid." Laura says "I'm not a crazy kid!" (But she definitely is)
  • After a few days of refuting her craziness, Laura started saying "I'm a crazy kid!"  (Because she definitely is)
  • Laura has adopted a pair of "oben grubs" (oven gloves/mitts) for cooking with in her play kitchen
  • Laura yelled at me to "Turn on the night, Mommy!" She was asking me to turn off the light.
  • Laura has been showing some true abstract imaginative play.  In one example, she was feeding a stuffed dog, putting it outside, and buying it at store (the side table in the entry).
  • Thinks number zero is the number "donut"
  • Strawberry hugs.  Oh my, the strawberry hugs.  This needs a blog post of its own, the cuteness.
  • Laura asked (so sweetly), "Watch Dora on the tv? Say yes?"  How could I say no! 
  • Laura wanted help with something silly and shouted "Ayudeme!"  The Spanish phrase for "Help me!" which she learned from all that Dora. 
  • Laura was sitting on my lap doing something ridiculous, and before I could say a word she put her pointer finger on my nose and said, "I cwack you up!"  Yes, Laura. You do cwack me up.
And since he doesn't have a place of his on (yet), Gavin started having hiccups in utero this month.  I'd forgotten how silly those feel!

No comments: