Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Santa CAME! (Christmas Part One)

Aren't we such lucky kids, to have two huge families of aunts and uncles to spoil us spend time with at the holidays? First we drove up to Massachusetts to see Mom's family. Parke, Sarah and Bit were there, and Torie was home from Paris! We arrived Saturday morning, just in time for Daddy to go on a run with Bimpy through Concord (with some adult refreshments along the way).  Dad really liked seeing all the historic sights that Mom has somehow never shown him.  He HAD seen North Bridge before, but that was his favorite stop along the way. 

Saturday evening, we went to see some of Mom's friends from high school.  She hadn't seen any of them in a decade, and showed up with two kids in tow!  I had fun playing with my new friend (just a little younger than I am), while Gavin showed off his crawling.  We had yummy pot roast (with some potato pancakes I refused to try) for dinner back at Grammy's after the party.
Sunday we did presents with Parke, Sarah and Bit.  There were some fabulous surprises for everyone!  I received some great puzzles, books and clothes.  Gavin got a cool ball that moves and sings - just like Cousin Nico has!  We had Chinese for dinner on Sunday.  We ordered so much, they gave Bimpy a box to carry it all! 

Monday was Christmas Eve.  You can imagine my excitement to see Santa.  Poor Daddy got really sick - just like that!  He was happy and fine, and then sick as a dog.  He didn't have very much fun on Christmas Eve, and couldn't even go to Church to hear the stories and sing songs.  When we got back, I put on my Santa jammies, and read LOTS of stories with Grammy and Bimpy. 
Then I set out some cookies.
Gavin tried to steal them.
I told him NO!
On Christmas morning, there was some snow!!!

And Santa left me a letter!!
I GOT MY DOCTOR KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gavin got a race car.
And a whole pile of dinosaurs.
After we cleaned up a bit, we drove to Cape Cod so we could see Super Grammy.  She was really glad I was there to give her a check-up with my doctor kit.  She had Mickey Mouse and Dora in her ears!  But her pulse was good.  We had really yummy beef tenderloin for dinner at Grammy's beach house (even though the beach was closed). 

The next morning, I went with Torie and Mom to get coffee.  I got to have my very own hot chocolate in a big kid sippy cup!  It was so tasty.  We packed up the car and went back to Maryland.  But only for a little bit, because we had Christmas Part Two still to come!

No comments: