Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday, Laura!

Laura is THREE!

We began celebrating Laura's third birthday a few weeks ago, when our families were all in town for Gavin's baptism.  We had a big party for Laura on Saturday night, complete with cake and candles.  No pictures, of course (oops)!  Since that time, Nate and I took Laura to see Beauty and the Beast, the musical, for her birthday AND she had a party with her friends as well. 

So the other day, Laura told me "It's always my birthday.  I'm special!  It's not Gavin's birthday; he's not special."  Ahem, yes Laura, you are special.  However, Gavin is special too!!  This is what happens when you have The Month of Birthday!

At three, Laura is very into princesses, ballerinas, party shoes, tutus, necklaces, crowns, wands, anything jewelry or fluffy or pink or GIRLY.  When she's not playing princess or ballerina, she's either playing doctor or school.  Her imagination is fabulous!  Laura also loves to RUN. 

Laura was wearing her bulkiest princess dress - the one with the hoop skirt! - when she announced, "I am the fastest runner in the whole! wide! world!"  She ran circles through the house for the next twenty minutes.  She certainly does have the endurance to be a runner!

We were talking about birthdays and signs of the zodiac a few weeks ago, at the start of The Month of Birthday.  We asked Laura was Gavin's sign is.  She answered, "DANGER!" 

Last week, I was snuggled under a very colorful wool blankie.  Laura, the blankie hoarder, came over stroked it once, then said "I like that blankie, Cait."  I'm Cait when she wants something of mine!

I was making grilled cheeses for lunch, and Laura told Gavin "you can't have a girl-ed cheese, you're not a girl!" 

No comments: