Friday, August 17, 2012

Laura's July Recap


Laura "fluffing" a baby cow in PA, 7/29/2012
After our trip to Cape Cod, July passed quickly with little to update.  Gavin visited the Postal Museum for lunch one day, we spent a weekend with Grandma and Grandpa swimming in the pool, and enjoyed the first half of the Olympics.  Here's a quick recap of how cute Laura was during July:

  • "Hopstable: I like that word!"
  • "Mommy, can you do me a favor?"
  • "Good night, Gavin dear!"
  • Laura pretended the minivan was space ship all the way to MA
  • Laura made motorcycle noises while she rode the ride-on toy around house (a toy I played with as a toddler!)
  • "Pippi owled at me" (growled)
  • "I'm going to gard with Grammy" (garden)
  • "Thank you for letting me play with Super Grammy!"
  • "Thank you for making my sweet little things, Super Grammy!" (doll blankies, pillows and sleeping bags!)
  • "Dad, you remember ice cream?" (who could forget ice cream?!)
  • "Tell me whats wrong, Gavin"
  • Laura has been playing birthday since her 2nd birthday in January.  It's her favorite game to play!  She uses duplos to make cakes for everyone.
  • "Got the idea?"
  • "Hi Gwam! Hi Bimp!"
  • "I would be here in no time!"
  • "Can I fluff him?"  Laura "fluffs" (pats) everyone and everything.  Gavin and Pippi are favorites to fluff.
  • "Four more minutes and then I take a nap"
  • "My favorite part was the doll cribby in the very first store."  We try to ask Laura to remember activities, and to name a favorite part. It's usually prompted, but this instance was not!
  • I walked into the family room to see Laura on the floor, face dripping with water from the dog bowl, "I a puppy, mom!"
  • Laura has started asking why about everything. Ugh!
  • "Mommys not a meanie bug, Daddy!"
  • "Can I fluff your hair Bimpy? You don't have much hair!"
  • "That feels me better"
  • "I'm a big girl, so I don't cry anymore!"  She cried 5 minutes later.
  • "Wow! That's cool!"

No comments: