Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Birfday! My Party!

Turning two is a really big deal.  Two means I am twice as old as I was when I was born.  And that is a lot.  My mom and dad are even older - I can't imagine what that must be like!  I decided to turn two in style, with some fun decorations, yummy food and great friends.

First I chose a theme: Polar Bear Arctic Adventure.  This was in part because I wanted to wear my awesome Uggs.  Mom said "Eskimo" wasn't PC (no Mom, I didn't think it was a compooter), and that "Inuit" was too PC (I still don't see how Inuits are compooters, Mom).  But who can find fault with cute Polar Bears?!

So from there, I began to direct my mom in the decorations:
A wreath to welcome my Arctic Explorer friends to the party!
I also directed my mom in the snacks.  White cupcakes with polar bear and Alaskan Salmon sugar cookies!
Powder sugar donuts are really snowballs, in case you were wondering

And of course I had to have cake pops!  I love my pops! 
Mom humored me, and even made the pops look like a statue!
After the house was decorated and the food was made, it was time to get dressed!  Here's the outfit I picked out.
Uggs!
Finally, my friends arrived and the party started.  We had so much fun!
Joo-we-ah (Julia) brought me balloons!

I am still not sure why my mom set my birfday cake on fire.  Not cool, Mom.  But I persevered and blew out the candles.  And then ate one bite of cake before insisting on pops instead.

I even got a birfday kiss from my boyfriend. 

After the party, I relaxed with my balloons and reflected on an excellent party.
Thanks to all my friends for coming!  I actually turn two this coming Sunday, and am really looking forward to a birfday party with my aunts, uncles and grandparents this weekend.  More details on that party (and life as a two year old) to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday little girl !
Looks like you had soooo much classy fun !
Your mum worked definitely very hard, but I am sure you said thank you a ton already.