Monday, January 09, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Years, everyone!  Raise your sippy of sparkling cider, and let's have a toast to 2011 and welcome in 2012!

2011 was a pretty great year.  I started to walk and turned one within a few weeks of the new year.  I played with friends as much as possible.  I visited family in many states.  I really started to show off the silly side of my personality (it's a big side!).  I swam.  I dressed up.  I was an absolutely adorable flower girl.  I went to the movies.  I watched fireworks (and tried to grab them out of the sky).  I survived a hurricane.  I went to parties.  I got my first cousin.  I picked pumpkins and dressed up for Halloween.  I found out I was going to be a big sister.  I cheered at a marathon.  I slept through Thanksgiving dinner.  I lived Christmas to the max.  I baked.  I met Santa... a few times.  And I totally loved every minute!

To celebrate such a great year, I took Mom and Dad to my friend Danny's house for New Year's Eve.  It was a blast!  I got to dress up in a pretty dress and play with friends.  Does it get better?


I took a quick nap around 9pm, so I'd be ready for the ball to drop.  I might have been a little sleepier than I imagined... because I was not thrilled when my dad came to get me just before midnight!

Thanks, 2011, for the great memories!  Can't wait to see what 2012 has to bring!

No comments: