Thursday, February 09, 2012

TWO!

I kept waiting for my mom to do one of her typical sappy "MOM" posts about how much I've grown and how fabulous I am.  I guess she's been pretty busy at work though, so I'm stepping in on her behalf.

I am TWO!  And what a two-year-old I am!
I continued the birthday festivities through the week of my actual birthday.  My Grammy arrived on Wednesday after school to spend a few days with me.  Dad was "werkin' in a plane wif da stars" all week, so Mom was really looking forward to some "adult" company, whatever that is.  Grammy and I played and read and colored and played all week. 

My Bimpy showed up Friday morning as a real treat.  He did a little work and took a few naps, but mostly played with me.  Grammy and I took a few hours in the afternoon to bake and frost some cupcakes for my birthday.  I got to leak the beaters from the frosting!  What fun!  Friday night, I had the grandparents to myself.  Mom disappeared for a few hours in a pretty dress and got home (with Dad!) after I was in bed. 

I was elated to see my Dad when I awoke Saturday morning.  He was finally back from the werk in da plane wif da stars!  Took him long enough!  So I got to catch up with Dad in the morning, then ran some errands with Mom, Grammy and Bimpy, and then...

It was time for my party!!!  All of my grandparents were there, as were Taylor & Julia, Liz & Vin, Andy & Cassidy, and Maria.  What fun!!  Everyone played with me, watched me open presents, and ate the yummy cupcakes I made.  I got lots of great presents from my family, including a piano (!!), bike, a princess outfit (with wings!), play food for my kitchen, doll clothes, books, and a horse trailer.  I have had so much fun playing with all my new toys!

So here are some of the more "technical" details of me being two:
I weigh 23 pounds, 12 ounces
I'm 33 inches tall
I just moved into the Two's class at school - and I love it!  I'm still getting used to the different meal times and nap protocol, but I really like Miss Bekah and my new friends.
I really like eating car-yots, bock-o-wee, and geem beams.
I named one of my newer dolls "Babers" - which is just what Daddy calls me!
I love playing my piano while I sing and dance.
I'm sad that my birthday is over for a whole year.  Sometimes I cry about this.
I decided it was Baa's birthday, as well.  He is also two now.
I really love helping my mom cook.  I pull my stool over to the counter and everything!
I love reading stories.  I have a few favorite books sort of memorized.  I especially like reading to  my dolls.
I got some new outfits for my Bitty Baby, which I love having Mom put on her.  Baby has to wear her tutu whenever it's time to dance.  Because obviously.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Maybe it isn't too late for Rudi and I to say happy second birthday to you?