Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh What Fun!

Dear Blog Readers,

What a weekend I just had!  My Grammy blew in from the North Wednesday night, with all the rain and wind.  She said it was a nasty flight, with life jackets falling out from the seats with all the bumping.  But any flight is worth it to see ME!  I made up for the bad flight with all the fun things I had planned.

Grammy and I played together all day on Thursday (and ate chocolate pudding for lunch!), while Mommy and Daddy were at work.  When Mom got home, we piled into the car and drove to Merriweather Post Pavilion for the "Blinkin' Binkies" event at Symphony of Lights.  Normally, the light display is open to cars driving through.  On Blinkin' Binkies night, strollers and wagons are the #1 mode of transportation.  I hopped in my BFF Audrey's sweet ride for the mile and a half walk.  I'm not sure how much Audrey and I noticed the lights, but we were laughing the whole time!

After a day of playing with Grammy on Friday, I loaded everyone (Daddy too!) up into the car to drive to North Baltimore.  After a quick dinner at the Papermoon Diner, we drove to 34th Street in Hampden to see the famous decorations.  They sure lived up to the reputation!  This one block is absolutely amazing.  Every square inch of housing is covered in lights and decorations!  The families on "Christmas Street" have been decorating for 64 years, which I think is a lot of years.
 We had a lot of fun walking up and down the street.  I even got to pet a few puppies!
 Just as we were heading back to our car, we saw Santa!!  I really like the idea of Santa, but wasn't so sure about actually sitting on his knee.  The guy is a bit overwhelming, although the candy canes sure help.

Mom, Dad and Grammy were all a-flutter on Saturday, getting the house tidy and decorated for BadBash 2011, the annual holiday party.  I made myself busy until it was time to get dressed!  I got to wear the prettiest party dress and party shoes!  Mommy even let me wear my special occasion pearl necklace, which feels so funny on my tongue!  We are a pretty good looking family, so I made sure someone got our picture in front of the tree before things got too crazy.
Speaking of crazy though, imagine my surprise when SANTA came to our party!  I mean, who doesn't invite Santa to their holiday party?  He's the most popular guy around this time of year!  I just couldn't believe he took time out of his crazy Christmas schedule to come to Baltimore!  WOW!
I coralled most of my friends for a group shot on Santa's lap.  Missing from the picture are Danny and Jackson-from-school.
 Later on, I got a great picture with my friends Jackson, Julia, Danny and our moms.  We are a really fun group of kids!
 The other surprise guest of the evening was my mom and dad's great friend, Greg.  Greg flew all the way up from Florida to surprise us at the party!  He and Santa must have been in cahoots - the surprises were flying like reindeer on Christmas Eve!
 The party was a great success, with lots of fun and laughter.  Not to end the weekend in an anti-climatic fashion, I grabbed Mom and Grammy Sunday afternoon for a trip to the Arbutus Volunteer Fire Department to see their annual train garden.  It was spectacular!  I loved watching all the trains whiz by on the fun tracks.  If you are in the area, it's worth a stop!
 Happy Holidays, friends!  We're off to a fantastically fun start!

No comments: