Thursday, December 01, 2011

November Recap

Laura's vocabularly took off this month.  She is getting really conversational, with actual sentences thrown around.  I am terrible and couldn't tell you her "first" sentence, but it was probably something to do with ownership (hers, daddy's or mommy's).  Here are some of the funnier things Laura has said and done this month:

Foop poops - fruit loops
Cancays (or sometimes pinkies) - pancakes
My fend ah-dee - my friend Audrey
Keem up! Body keem up! - clean up (this one is sung)
Futterfly - butterfly
Thank yoo you welcome! - Instead of just saying "you're welcome"
Achoo! (after coughing or when reading the Mitten)
Backie - blankie
The end! at end of books (or when she's bored and is ready for the end!)
Again! at the end of books (or puzzles) (or any other activity she'd like to continue doing)
Touchdown!
Go stee'ers! (all football is stee'ers)
Okay! Yeah!
I dunno?! (with hand motions)
Likes to play "uppy down" where she bounces on outstretched legs
Oh! Wow!
Oh god & oh geez (trying to limit how often she says these!)
Super affectionate with Ries (who is getting much more patient with the hugs)
With hand out, "siper! No siping!" to stop Swiper the Fox, from Dora the Explorer
My cousin! Bit! - my cousin, Elizabeth
Row row row, genty down steam! (singing!)
Supoopsial -marsupial
Sisolisee - mythology (Nate and I are having fun getting her to mimic big words!)
I lub you! - I never get tired of hearing it!

Laura also sings versions of the Alphabet, Row Row Row Your Boat, Wheels on the Bus, Patty Cake, Rock-a-bye baby, and the Clean Up song.  Her favorite song to dance to is Bingo (but I haven't heard her sing this one yet).  Laura wakes up singing little songs of her own. 

Laura had a blast playing with Uncle Taylor and his Brio Trains.  She handed Taylor a piece of track and he asked what he should do with it.  Laura shrugged and said, "I dunno!"  We were all cracking up at her earnestness. 

At a friend's house, Laura moved all four children-sized chairs to the center of the room and lined them up with a stuffed friend in each.  We weren't sure what she was doing till she sat in a chair herself and said, "Choo! Choo!"  What amazing abstract play!

Laura wiped her teary face with Catty's tail the other day, which had Nate and me cracking up.  She is also my best helper for putting on make-up, as I described in a separate post.  I can't get over what a big girl she is becoming.  Her personality is just wonderful.  She is happy, smart and caring, with a fun sense of humor.  Laura is always ready for a laugh (preferably along with some tickles)!

No comments: