Friday, December 23, 2011

Countdown to Christmas

It's been a crazy, busy week, and I'm still catching up on my blogging.  I told you all about my Baby Brother! in a post yesterday, and I told you all about my crafty skills in a post before that.  But I haven't told you about the rest of my weekend!

On Thursday night, I bundled up with Mommy and Grandma and met Daddy at his work.  I like going to work.  The office atmosphere is very conducive to productivity.  There was a party going on to celebrate everyone's hard work all year, and I jumped right in.  My main man, Santa even made an appearance.  I walked right over to him, climbed on his lap (after cutting the line), and told him all about the cake pop I was eating (pictured here):
Hi Santa! I lick my pop. No bite. I lick.
Santa had to get back to his elves at the North Pole, so I organized some box races to keep us kids occupied.  I'm not sure why moms, dads and grandparents spend so much money on toys, when copy paper boxes are where it's at!  We zoomed in our boxes (with a few pushes from the dads) all around the office!
After a few laps (the Baby 500), we decided to make a train!  Whoo! Whoo!  This was extra fun, but the engine (Daddy) was a little low on fuel.  This is why electric engines are so much better than diesel.  I digress.

There was a package waiting for little ol' me on Friday night.  Inside was my very own nativity set!  I have had so much fun playing with Baby Jesus, Mary, "Toseph," the cow, sheep, donkey, and Wise Men.  I love my "tibi" set!  Grandma added batteries to it just last night (12/22), and now my tibi set sings "Away in a Manger" and "Silent Night" whenever I put Baby Jesus in the manger!  It's really sweet and lovely.  Big thanks to my Godcousin, Chris, for thinking of me!!
 After much discussion of teacher gifts, I decided the best way to thank all my wonderful teachers at school would be to bake cookies (and get them a Dunkin' gift card)!  So I rolled up my sleeves Saturday morning and dragged Mommy into the kitchen to bake.  We decided on Peppermint Blossom cookies, since we had the Hershey Peppermint Kisses on hand.  And because they are pretty and tasty. 
I let Mommy do the easy part of mixing and rolling the dough.  I took on the hardest step - placing the kisses in the middles of all the cookies!  I found this difficult task was easier to complete with a cookie of my own in hand (and mouth).  The cookies came out beautifully!
Look how well-centered those kisses are!
I'm sure I'll have much to blog about in the next few days.  I hear the Big Man from up North is planning one last visit for 2011 tomorrow night!  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Julie said...

your cookies are beautiful, Laura. I hope next time I see you maybe you can show me how you did it. I made ginger snaps last week and ended up with dough and flour all over my clothes. Have a wonderful Christmas!