Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

I thought my parents were pretty crazy last year, when we went to a parking lot full of trees, took one home and set it up in the house.  Now I know my parents are crazy.  This year, we went to a whole farm of trees, grabbed a saw, and cut one down to put in the house!  Mom and Dad say, "oh what fun! oh how fresh!"  I say, "oh what insanity!"  But... I love how the pine needles feel in my fingers.  And I really, really love putting the ornaments on next to the tree!

For comparison, here is a picture of me with the tree last year:
Christmas 2010
 Here is a picture of me with the tree this year.  Look how much I've grown!

Christmas 2011
  Here is a picture of my superb tree decorating skills.  I should be a professional tree decorator.

And as much as I love to question my parent's rationale, going to the tree farm was a lot of fun.  It was a bright, sunny day, and my best bud Jackson was there with his parents. 
I had a lot of fun wandering throughout all the trees.  Some were so tiny, they were shorter than me!  Mom said I couldn't touch those trees, because they were just babies.  They didn't look like babies to me... just really short trees. Silly Mommy.

Mom and Dad say our tree this year is the tallest yet.  From the looks of how it filled Grandma's car, I'd say they're right.  It sure does smell good!  Happy December, everyone! 


No comments: