Monday, June 13, 2011

Why Don't We Slide

Oh my gosh, friends.  I was all prepared to sit down this evening to tell you about my fabulous weekend.  But boy did my mom have a surprise for me!  So very briefly, I had a fantastic playdate with my friend Danny on Saturday.  Danny's mom and mine play really nicely together, so we encourage these playdates.  On Sunday my weekend got even better - we met Auntie Maria and her friend Jarrett in Severn to go swimming in the Severn River!  The water was delightfully warm, and I LOVED splashing, kicking and blowing bubbles.

If it's possible, my weekend got even BETTER today - Monday of all days!  When I got home from school today, there was a big surprise waiting for me.  A new slide!!!  Even before it was put together, I had fun sitting on the slide.

 I sat on the unassembled slide for a few minutes, just to test it out.
 Then I checked out the box to make sure we had all the parts on the lawn and ready to go.
 Next, I read the instructions out loud - in Spanish!
Then I helped turn the screws to make it sturdy.  And finally, it was ready!  As soon as that slide was attached, I was up on the platform and ready to go.  Here's a video of my first trip down:

I LOVE MY NEW SLIDE!

No comments: