Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Let's Dance!

My fabulous Aunt Betsy was in town this week for a microbiology conference.  That sure sounds like a fascinating bunch of people!  I'm not sure how, but Betsy managed to drag herself away from the microbiologists for a few hours Friday night to have dinner with me (and my mom and dad).  I found a delightful little French bistro on Urban Spoon, and made a reservation through Open Table.  I'm a whiz with iPhone technology, as anyone who answers my frequent phone calls should know!  Dinner was fabulous, complete with crepes and several rousing renditions of (my favorite) Ring Around the Rosie.  Everyone in the restaurant just loved me!

On Saturday, I packed up my mom, dad and dog and took them for a walk around the neighborhood.  I held onto Riesling's leash very tightly so she wouldn't run away.  I'm very responsible like that.
Need a dog walker?
 On Saturday night, I chose to stay home with Auntie Maria and her friend Jarrett while Mom and Dad went to another wedding.  There are so many weddings this year!  This one was for Dad's buddy, John, and his wonderful wife, Kerry.  Mom and Dad were really impressed by the beautiful reception site - where they went down into a silo to get to the dancefloor!
My mom and dad are pretty cute, just like me!
I hear the dancing was fantastic.  I could have shown all the guests a few moves, but it looks like Dad held his own on the floor.  He even shared a dance with the groom - pretty silly if you ask me. 
My dad's a pretty good dancer
On Sunday, we relaxed as a family and enjoyed the beautiful weather.  It's been gorgeous here in Maryland!  I hope it lasts all summer!

No comments: