Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ramblin' (wo)man

I drove nearly 1,000 miles this weekend! Nate stayed home and cleaned the basement while I had some fun.

On Saturday, I drove up to CT for my Godson's 1st Communion. I have always tried to be involved in my little guy's life. And what better occasion for a visit than his 1st Communion? I am his Godmother afterall! The ceremony was great. His church has a fantastic priest, who delivered a highly entertaining sermon for the children. My cousin had a lovely dinner back at her house after the ceremony, where I got to catch up with some family that I don't see as often.

After dinner, I continued North to visit my mom on Mother's Day. We had such a nice visit! We had ice cream for lunch, went shopping (hello, new outfit!), and had a fantastic dinner made by Dad.

On Monday, I hopped in the car once again. This time South, as far as CT (again). My mom and her cousins had been planning a surprise birthday party for my Godson's mother - a luncheon! Boy did we surprise her! She was completely taken aback by the party. She does so much for all of us - she's the most thoughtful person I know - so it was wonderful to be able to do something for her in return. I finally headed back to MD after the party, after a long weekend of driving.

I will say though, I could not have asked for better driving conditions. The sun was shining, and I was the only car on the road!

No comments: