Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My New Oven!

(and other weekend fantasticness)
Before:During:After:
I love my new kitchen!!! More thanks than I can ever give are due to my awesome big brother. He did all the work, and it looks fantastic. I can't wait to bake him some cookies in thanks!

The whole weekend was exciting. Not only were my brother and sister-in-law down for a visit, we got to celebrate our good friend's 10th anniversary of his 21st birthday with a surprise party. Everyone pulled off the surprise, our friend was shocked to see everyone! It was a lot of fun.
To continue the fun, Nate and I drove up to Philly with my brother and sister-in-law to watch my younger brother graduate from college! I can't believe he is already done. It feels like just yesterday that I was driving up to deliver the family heirloom (a really cool beer coat of arms) and help him move into the dorm. The graduation was... a graduation. But I am so glad that I could be there with the rest of the family to see it! Even my grandmother was there.
After the ceremony, we all drove back to my house for cocktails. We met up with my Aunt and Uncle near the house for some good Maryland eating - blue crabs! (I ate a burger). My cousin also graduated on Sunday, so we were celebrating both our grads. Everyone left first thing Monday morning to head back to life, but it was great getting everyone to my house, if even for a few hours. I even got the chance to show my grammy my cute little house. And she loved it! Her compliments make me feel so proud :-)

No comments: