Monday, April 27, 2009

Parents!

My parents and sister came to visit this weekend! It's been forever, so I was really excited to see them. Not as excited, however, as Riesling was to see her cousin Pippi!Those two have such a ball together. Ries has a playmate, Pippi gets to run free outside (no leash!), and they both smile ear to ear the entire visit. They both slept very well after Pippi went home.

The people had fun too! My sister came down Wednesday night. Nate and I took her to look at Goucher, then grabbed dinner nearby. It's so fun hanging out with my sister, with no one else around. She's so great! I wasn't really around Thursday, as I was at work and my last day of class for the semester (!!!), so my sister hung out with Nate and Ries.

On Friday, my sister came into work with me for the morning. I don't think she was too bored... We went out to lunch with our cousin and my sister's best friend. They both go to GWU! I left my sister with her friend after lunch. She was staying in the city overnight.

But Nate and I were not left alone. My parents drove down from MA that day! The four of us went out for a fantastic dinner at Cinghiale. We all had absolutely delectable food, and highly recommend the place. Nate and I already want to go back! Yummm... We walked around the Inner Harbor for a bit after dinner to try and burn off some calories. I know I was full, and the beautiful evening air was very refreshing!

On Saturday, the four of us made our way into DC. I took everyone to see the Library of Congress. With all there is to see in DC, LOC is often overlooked. However, it is one of the most beautiful buildings in the city - with a very impressive collection! Nate particularly enjoyed all the maps. I for one am a fan of the gorgeous architecture and frescoes!

We picked my sister up at GWU, and headed back up to Baltimore for the O's game. It was a terrible game with the O's losing (of course) right up until the 9th inning. In a last ditch attempt, the O's actually looked pretty good. They really came back, and I thought they might win it! Might is the operative word. And of course they lost, but at least we had fun!

I'm always sad to see my parents leave for home, but it was great having them here just the same. And, they'll be back down again soon for my brother's graduation! Stayed tuned for that adventure (5/17), I'm expecting some complicated weekend plans...

No comments: