Monday, April 20, 2009

Better Off Dead

Nate had a great weekend! He flew up to Worcester, MA for two Grateful Dead concerts. Two! Back to back! Now, Nate's not the hugest Dead Head or anything, so he was mainly there to see his friends. I'm still hearing about some of the stories and adventures from the weekend. Let's just say, they all had a grate time.

I, on the other hand, would have rather spent my weekend any other way than I did. I was home alone, with three dogs and a 20-page paper to write. I also had big plans for some gardening and house cleaning, but whatever. I started off really well on Saturday. I got some good writing in, and decided to take a break in the garden. That's where it fell apart. I dropped a rock on my pinky and just lost it. After a few hours of self-pity, I decided to check my email. And that's when I found the computer completely frozen in shut-down mode. I'm not sure why the computer decided to turn itself off, all I know is that when I turned it back on my paper was GONE. Erased. Missing.

I freaked out some more. And then spent the rest of the weekend (no more garden breaks) on the paper. I have never been so happy for a Monday!

No comments: