Thursday, January 16, 2014

So They Say...

I try to keep notes on my iPhone of all the funny things Laura and Gavin do and say.  Unfortunately in October, I lost my phone and therefore lost the running list I'd started since the last blog update.  Since then, I have tried my best to keep a running list but don't always have time to write everything down (those two are just that funny!).  Here's what I've got from October to present:

I praised Laura for her hard work getting better at counting:
"My new school is much better. I'm learning a lot more. At my old school we only had playtime and only had projects sometimes. At my new school we do projects every day!! I love it!! It's such a better school!"

L: I'm so excited for Christmas!
Me: You already got your Christmas present, your new room!
L: No, Santa didn't give me that! Bimpy is not Santa! (Bimpy painted her room pink, and Grammy added butterflies)

L: When is Jack Frost going to come and bring ice so you can teach me to ice skate?
Me: Um... I don't really know how to ice skate...
L: (Sobbing) how will I learn how to ice skate? I'll never learn how to ice skate!

Watching jungle book and talking about bravery (overcoming fear)
Nate: Laura, what are you afraid of?
L: I'm not brave.

Me: Laura's watching a video, Gavin!
L: What's a video?

I'm thankful for my favorite yogurt (Minnie Yoplait) what my mommy buys for me, and I'm thankful for the grocery store for selling the yogurt.

Wah! Gavin knocked over my block tower! I can't wait for him to grow up!

There's a birthday and another and another!! All these birthdays are giving me a headache!

Laura wanted to look like Mrs. Claus so she dressed all in green in her Tinkerbell outfit, and stuffed her tummy with her favorite blankie!

We're playing with the school bus what is actually the (yellow) couch

Ouch my arm ankles hurt!

Gavin drew a picture on this piece of paper, but it's quite small. Quite small.

Laura was naming the hearts on her tights (although she said they were naming themselves):
L: (Singing) My name is Batherine, my name is Batherine, because I like baths and I like the name Katherine!  My name is Greter."
Nate: That's not a great name...
L: I know! It's awful! But she named herself!

Gavin is not capable of talking sometimes



And here's a quick list of what Gavin is saying these days (or has at least said once!):
What is this (one time)
Baby
Hi guys
Where Laura
I want this
Out
Dah oo (thank you) (rarely)
Beep beep
Roar
Woof
Ball
All duh (all done)
I wanna see
Moh (More)
Rawbob (strawberry)
Uh oh!
Chees! (Cheers)
Alright
Bay boo! (Peekaboo!)
Where Ries?
Car (star)
Ights (lights)




He might not be the chattiest, but he sure is funny!

No comments: