Thursday, January 16, 2014

October Recap

Oh man, do we owe an update!  We let a quarter of the year slip by completely undocumented.  Let's start with October, where we left off.

We moved!


We have this big, beautiful new house with so many rooms!  Gavin and I each have our own bedroom now.  We still love playing together, but it is also really nice for this big girl to have some quiet time playing by herself in her own room.  (Especially since I'm really not napping anymore).

We found out we're going to have another brother in March!  I was a little disappointed at first, since I wanted a sister to play princesses with.  But mom told me it's easier to boss brothers around than sisters, so I'm feeling better about it.

We went to California!  Grammy and Bimpy had some fun toys waiting for us, like this cool castle tent.
 Grammy took us to Santa Barbara one day.  We had a lot of fun at the zoo!  Almost all the animals were out, and we got to learn about the elephants from their keeper, who talked to us for 15 minutes!


What does the fox say?
 After the zoo, we had lunch in downtown Santa Barbara at a fancy hotdog place.  We got balloons!

 The next day, we all went to see the La Brea Tar Pits.  I met my new best friend, Zelbert the dire wolf!
 After the tar pits, we drove along the coast and stopped at the Will Rogers State Beach to watch the beautiful sunset.

 Bimpy took this wonderful family picture of us.  You might have seen it before.  Mom loves it, has it hanging in our family room, and used it for our Christmas card this year!
 The next day, Mom and Dad left us for a trip to Las Vegas with Dad's company.  I hear they had a fabulous time and loved their stay at the Venetian.  Neither will stop talking about this enormous meatball they had that apparently has ruined them for any future meatballs.  Gavin and I stayed in Cali, and got to bounce at a pumpkin place near Grammy and Bimpy's house!

 We also invented a new game, called "Cupboarding."  Gavin is really good at it - he takes everything out of a cupboard and starts to climb the shelves!  Super fun.  Try it at home!


We went to Wye Island for Maria and Jarrett's second wedding party!






We carved pumpkins!  Mom did Gavin's design, but let me draw how my pumpkin would look!  We traced my design onto the pumpkin, and Mom carved it while I supervised.
For Halloween, Gavin and I dressed up as Tinkerbell and Peter Pan.  It was my idea!  Mom decided how to make the costumes, then made my Tinkerbell outfit with Grammy in California.  She made Gavin's outfit (and hat!) all by herself.  We had a lot of fun trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood!!  Gavin's bucket was so heavy, he could barely carry it... but he also wouldn't accept any help!





Happy October, friends!

No comments: