Monday, May 07, 2012

Busy Bees Bring May Flowers!

Where to begin with this past week?  Chronologically, I suppose!  We were very, very busy bees this week!  Daddy was all over the place early in the week, driving to NYC and Delaware for meetings.  His work ethic pays off, so it's worth a few bedtimes with just Mommy.  Daddy and I went to the park to make up for lost time, and had a lot of fun.  But I had an epic fall on the way home, as a result of Riesling trying to chase a bunny!  Ask to see my battlescar - I'm proud to show it off!  Grandma and I played all day on Thursday, and then Grandma and Mommy went to Babies R Us to pick up a few more things for Baby Gavin (who should be getting here very soon) and some play dresses for me. 

Friday was when the real action got going.  We started early, with a trip to the allergist to see why my nose is always so runny.  The doctor checked Baa's ears first, then mine.  Then a really nice nurse wrote tickly letters all up my arm!  I liked the ABC's on there, but was not a fan of the scratches that followed.  In good news (sorta), I'm not allergic to anything!  I just have a really, really runny nose. 

Friday afternoon, I hung out with Grandma.  Daddy went to work and Mommy went to her 37 week check-up.  THEN Mommy met Daddy at the car dealership to buy me a new car!!  Mom's Honda Civic has been wonderful for the past seven years, but just wasn't big enough for me, Riesling AND baby Gavin.  So they upgraded to a 2010 Honda Odyssey.  I really like it!  I thought they bought the car for me, and was pretty upset when Dad said it was Mommy's car.  Mommy offered to share it, and Daddy promised I can have it when I turn 16!  I can't even count that high yet (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-7)!  After car shopping, we drove up to Hunt Valley to have dinner with Grandma, Pop-pop, Andy and Maria.  I was exceptionally well behaved.  Daddy ordered the 54-piece "love boat" sushi platter, which was really pretty to look at.  I even ate some of the sushi rice!

My Mom's new van

Daddy had to work part of Saturday, so Mom and I drove the new van to pick up my friend Jackson and his parents to go to Derby Day at Pimlico.  There was live music, and food, and horses, and a HUGE field for me and Jackson to run around in.  Obviously, I kicked off my shoes as soon as I could.
Dancing
Daddy met us all there after work, and we had a great time.  I bet on Union Rags, and was disappointed.  But Mommy bet on Bodimeister to show, and won a few dollars!  After we watched the Kentucky Derby (and admired many hats), we skipped back to the van to head home:
Skipping
I was pretty exhausted, so I went to bed as soon as we got home.  I had yet another big day on the horizon and needed my beauty sleep!  Mom woke me up very early on Sunday so I could drive into Baltimore for a morning with Thomas the Tank Engine!!

My BFF Audrey's mom arranged it all, and we went just with our dads.  We had lots of fun, and here are some pictures!
Thomas!

With my BFF

Huggies!

On one of the stationary trains at the B&O Museum
(Daddy says I enjoyed those ones more than the moving Thomas one)
What a busy, but fun weekend!  We are all exhausted, but are back at work and school today.  Looking forward to more adventures this month!

No comments: