Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Gavin is HERE!

Dear Readers, please "hear" my words with a deep Oprah sort of voice.  It's the voice I use when I am MOST EXCITED!  And why am I excited?  BABY GAVIN IS HERE!  He's out of my mommy's tummy!  He's all cooked!

Gavin Michael was born on May 18th at 3:16 pm.  He was 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 21 inches long.

For anyone who cares to remember little old me, I was 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and 20 1/4 inches long.  We are comparable sized babies, but for some reason, I went immediately to size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes.  Mommy and Grammy had to buy newborn size diapers and outfits for Gavin!

Gavin's arrival was really quite convenient for me.  Thursday night, Mommy and Daddy hopped in the van and headed to the hopstable.  Grandma was already here to watch me, and it was my bedtime anyway!  Mommy read me some bedtime stories on the porch for a while first, which was really nice.  The next day, I got to play with Grandma and Grandpa.  We went to the Inner Harbor, and I got to ride in a DRAGON BOAT!  I named him Pete.  After we finished our ride in Pete, we went to the hopstable and I got to meet BABY GAVIN!

My reactions to Gavin are as follows:
He's so tiny!  He needs to grow.
I'm still little.  I grow big and big!  I am a big girl.  I'm still little.  (I might be confused).
Gavin doesn't talk!
I need lots of hugs.
Gavin needs to take turns with me so we can both share Mommy, Daddy and Grammy.
I like helping to buckle Gavin into his bassinet/swing/carseat/anything with buckles.
I think his tub should always have water in it, and that my dolls should take precedence for baths, and that I should fit in it too (I don't).

All in all, Gavin is so cute.  I'm very sweet and good with him, and have only had a few extra tears and tantrums.  I'm a big sister!

No comments: