Thursday, October 20, 2011

Charlottesville

The last time I was in Charlottesville, I wasn't even blogging yet!  Look at what a little munchkin I was back then!  It had been a while since we'd seen my mom's friends, Emily and Andrew, and an even longer time since my mom or dad had seen her friend Julie, so I decided it was time for a trip.  I got Mom to schedule a weekend, and I packed my bags (with a little help).  Down we drove to Virginia!

I sang, colored and slept most of the way down Friday night.  When we got to Virginia, my mom tried to put me to bed.  Puh-lease, lady!  I'm just seeing friends for the first time in ages, and they have a dog.  You want me to go to bed?  I won and got to stay up late. 

The next morning, we ate breakfast (pumpkin muffins!) and packed the car.  Four adults plus me in one car - I hear it was a bit squishy in the back seat.  I was comfy in my carseat!  We drove way out to Mineral, VA, for a wine festival.  I braced myself for an earthquake, but was disappointed.  My mom's friend, Julie, was at the festival too, and she brought her new husband!  We all enjoyed meeting Grant after hearing about him for so long.  They met (and married) in New Zealand, which is just a bit far for a weekend visit.  We all enjoyed the bright, sunshiney day, and then went back to Emily and Andrew's for a cookout.  I ate some lovely corn casserole and baked potato, while the adults enjoyed steaks and tuna.  It was delicious!

Our visits with Emily and Andrew always pass by so quickly.  Time flies when you're having fun, right?  It's their turn to visit us next.  I hope it's soon!

ps - you can blame my mom for leaving the camera at home by accident.  Another weekend completely undocumented!

No comments: