Monday, March 02, 2009

Endurance Test

This weekend was an endurance test... for my driving ability! Nate and I had to be in a few places at once, and the logisitics were crazy. Friday night, we drove up to Harrisburg together to see Nate's family. I stayed a few hours, and then drove back to Baltimore (leaving Nate). The next morning, my dad flew in to see my brother run at the Centennial Conference Indoor Championship. We drove to Collegeville, PA (with a brief stop at Haverford to pick up Julia) to watch Taylor run the 5k on an indoor track.

It was worth the drive. Taylor blew the competition out of the water, and won the race! All of the Haverford Goats did really well in the 5k, and every event. The Goats scored 150 points over the two-day competition, beating the next closest team by 50 points! The title of this post links to the championship results.

After the race, we drove back to Haverford where we met up with Nate. Nate and his dad had, meanwhile, been in Philly for the Georgetown-Villanova game. Sadly, Villanova did not play as well as hoped. We had dinner in Haverford with Taylor and Julia before driving back to Baltimore. Dad flew home Sunday morning. It was great to see my dad, and even better to see Taylor's great race. I'm also very glad to be out of the car.

No comments: