Friday, March 01, 2013

Kale, Valentine's and Baptisms

What do all three of those things have in common?  Me!  On Monday February 11th, Mom, Gavin and I were at Giant, per usual.  Except that I got to walk next to the cart while Gavin rode - yessss!  I decided to embrace my new grocery store freedom, and walked over to the leafy greens.  Grabbing a bunch of kale, I reminded my mom that "we haven't tried this before but we might like it."  I like a little shock value - so of course Mom bought the kale.  I ate some in the store, a little in the kitchen while Mom got ready to cook it, and then I devoured the bunch.  Yum!  I liked kale that one time, maybe I'll never like it again!

After we ate our kale all up (Daddy was not a fan), we made our Valentine's.  Mom only got a picture of this one, which I sent to Super Grammy.  All of the others I made were these cute little foam animals.  Mom helped me with the first one, but then I got the idea and made all the Valentine's for my class without any help at all!
Dad and I chose these beautiful tulips to surprise Mom at work on Valentine's Day.  Boy was she surprised!  She was not expecting flowers at work!  Mom and Dad also went to see Flashdance at the Hippodrome Friday night.  They said the plot and acting weren't great, but that the dancing was fantastic! 
After a night out on the town, Mom and Dad met up with me and Gavin in Philly for an overnight with Aunt Kathy and Uncle Joe, as well as Nico's baptism. 

The baptism meant I got to hang out with my really cool older 2nd cousins.  They are so much fun, and so patient with tag-along little me!  They even gave me a present - a Horton the Elephant stuffed friend (and a Seuss alligator for Gavin).  Gavin and I both fell asleep clutching our new friends on the ride home.
Nico was baptized, assuming any of the Holy Water could get through her much and much hair to her head.  Let's just assume that it did ;-)  Nico didn't cry at all, and she looked so sweet in the dress her Grandma Margaret made for her.
(Mom would like to add that she really enjoyed having Monday off while the rest of us were at school and work.  She claims to have gotten a lot of errands run without us.  Silly mom - who will select the leafy greens if you go to the grocery store without me??)

No comments: