Monday, March 26, 2012

Blogging: It's like Newsies for the 21st Century

Extra!  Extra!  Read all about ME!  Blogging is sort of like my own personal newspaper, where I can tell all my beloved fans about my life.  There are many weeks where my front page is a bit boring, same old, nothing new.  But then there are exciting weeks!  Where I go places and see people and pet kitties!  After a month of lazy afternoons at the local slide (awesome, but not exacting thrilling material), I had the most exciting weekend!

Mom and Dad took me to New York City!  We got up early Saturday morning, packed up the car, and hopped on 95.  A few hours and a nap later, we were pulling into a sweet parking spot on West 95th Street and walking into an apartment full of friendship, hugs and kitties.  I was just getting settled in when - POOF! - Mom and Dad were GONE.  They were off to Broadway to catch a show.

Well, I had a few obligatory tears.  I'm two, so it's legally required that I fuss a little when left.  But I wiped my eyes pretty quickly and fell to business.  Those kitties needed serious terrorizing petting, and my friends Mandy and Reid had dropped the S-word a few times - SLIDES!  We hopped in my stroller and rode off to Central Park, where I had a full day of slides and (get this) hippos!
I had so much fun playing with Mandy and Reid all afternoon.  We had snacks, and stroller rides, and hundreds of trips down the slide.  It was fantastic!  After a few hours, we met back up with Mom and Dad at a really yummy sushi restaurant for dinner.  They filled me in on their afternoon, which I will attempt to interpret here:

As I mentioned above, Mom and Dad left me to catch a show on Broadway.  They went with Grandma, Pop-pop, Liz, Vin, Andy, Cassidy, Maria, Jarrett, and some of Vin's family to see Newsies!  They took up a whole row in the balcony of the theatre, and loved their seats.  They were so excited for the curtain to go up with Jack Kelley singing "Santa Fe," which is Grandma's favorite (they may have seen the movie a few hundred times before).  The show was fantastic, from all accounts. 

Mommy was most impressed with the tap number in "Once and For All," and now has dreams of me taking ballet and tap lessons.  She was also really impressed with the set design, and use of a real, live printing press on the stage.

Daddy says it's the first musical he'll be remembering more for the choreography than for the music - the dancing really was that superb.  He really liked that they even added a few dance numbers between scenes to give the dancers more opportunites to shine (and to liven up the stage during set moves).  He says everyone did a great job.

Mommy and Daddy are both really glad they had the chance to see the show!  So, a few thank yous for this weekend.  Thanks to Auntie Liz, for arranging the tickets!  Thanks to Mandy and Reid, for playing with me during the show!  Thanks to the weather, for only raining during the car ride so I could play on the slides!

No comments: