Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Obviously it has been a while since I last posted. It's not that we've been boring - to the contrary! We have been so busy, I haven't had a moment to sit down and log our activities. Let's start with Thanksgiving. Yum!

We started our week-long Festival of Thanks on Saturday the 21st. Nate, Ries and I hopped in the car and drove up to Philadelphia. We dropped Ries off at Haverford for an overnight stay (thanks Julia!!), and then made our way to Liz's house for an enormous meal. I mean enormous in every sense of the word. There were 30 people at Liz's to celebrate. Thirty! There were two 15-pound turkeys AND a ham. More mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green beans than can be imagined. And it was all delicious! We had a great evening of food, laughter, dancing, and CLR (a really fun, fast game).

Sunday morning, Nate and I popped over to Haverford once again for breakfast with Julia and Taylor, and to pick up our collegiate pup. Riesling had a fantastic night at college, complete with long walks and drunk freshman girls. Even better, she was very well behaved and beloved by all. Nate and I are so thankful that Julia was able to give Ries such a fun introduction to college life! After breakfast, the three of us (three and a half?) hit the road on our way up to Concord.

A few hours later, we had arrived - no traffic! We were very fortunate to have been able to take a whole week for Thanksgiving this year. It was great spending time with my family too. I haven't had Thanksgiving with my family in several years! This year was extra special - both my maternal grandmother and my paternal grandfather were with us! Dinner was great, again. And even after so much turkey, Nate and I were ready for more!

Nate and I were honored with another baby shower on Saturday. My mom's friends are absolutely wonderful. From the lovely hostess to all the guests, I could not have asked for a lovelier afternoon. We received many wonderful gifts from so many special people. Laura even received a little bear from one of my mom's college friends - the same friend who gave me my first bear so many years ago! And if that wasn't touching enough, my sister-in-law gave me a little dress for Laura, made from the bridesmaid dresses at my wedding. I was completely overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness.

Nate, Ries and I drove back south Sunday morning after a wonderful trip. This was truly a week to reflect and be thankful!

No comments: