Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This was our last Christmas with just the two of us... but you can see that Laura was right there with us for every minute of the fun!

Nate and I began our Christmas celebrating in PA with his family. This was my first family away from home, and I was a little nervous about it. So you can imagine how touched I was that my mother-in-law went out of her way to make Christmas feel like the ones I grew up with - complete with Chinese for dinner on Christmas Eve! Nate's family is wonderful, and we had a great time celebrating with them.

On Saturday, Nate and I drove back to Maryland laden down with fabulous gifts. My parents and younger siblings were driving down from MA to spend a few days with us, since I couldn't brave an 8-hour car ride this year.I cooked my first Christmas dinner, and had fun serving it in my delightfully Christmas-y dining room - fancy china and all! Dinner was great, but seeing my family was even better. And the gifts kept flowing! My family stayed till Wednesday morning after a wonderful visit!

No comments: