Friday, September 05, 2014

Labor Day

We didn't have any lofty plans for Labor Day this year... just little things each day.  Friday, we packed up a UHaul with Aunt Torie's things that had been living in our garage.  Saturday, we moved Aunt Torie into her new place!  We are very excited for Torie to be living so close... at least for the next year!

Sunday, we took a family trip to the Susquehanna State Park - which ended in an epic fight in the car between Laura and Gavin.  As a parent, every now and then you get a glimpse of yourself through the mirror of your children.  This fight was as hilarious as it was eye-opening...  I don't remember what started the fight, and I doubt Laura and Gavin remembered even while they were fighting.  What sticks in my mind was the cacophony of screaming, Laura in her carseat and Gavin in his, with Paul staring in shock, while Nate and I laughed our heads off in the front seat.

Laura was screaming: I'm done!  Done.  I'm just done!  I'm done with you, Gavin!  I'm DOOOOOONE!

While Gavin was screaming: Stop it!  Stop it!  Stop it!  Stop it!  Stop it!

Nate was asking: Do I really yell at them to stop it that often?

While I was asking: Do I really proclaim my done-ness that often?

Car fight and over-tiredness aside, it was a great first trip to Susquehanna - we'll definitely be going back.

On Monday, we decided to brave over-tired children and take them to the last home Aberdeen Ironbirds game of the season.  It's such a small, fun little ballpark!  We had a great (though very hot) time.  Another thing in our new area we plan to do again!  Not the most exciting of long weekends, but it was so nice to spend time, just us five.


Also, this guy is just aching to crawl!:


This guy is getting really great at puzzles:


And this girl, who is so close to reading, is learning to beat Daddy at chess:

No comments: