Thursday, August 06, 2009

Nate and Cait's East Coast Tour

What a weekend!
Nate and I started a whirlwind tour of the East Coast on Thursday. We drove up to Philly for the "Face2Face" concert - with Elton John and Billy Joel! It was a fantastic concert. They opened the show playing together (on pianos facing each other)! Elton John played a solo set for over an hour, then Billy Joel played over an hour on his own. Billy had the flu, so there was speculation that he might not play at all. Well, he played his heart out! Elton came back on the stage to finish the show with Billy. Between the four sections of the concert, I'm pretty sure they played all the best numbers. Elton's best: Crocodile Rock. Billy's: I can't pick. We Didn't Start the Fire was fantastic, and so was Uptown Girl. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant gave me chills. And the ending I could have imagined was Billy and Elton playing Piano Man together. A week later, and I am still so excited about the awesomeness of this concert!

After the concert, Nate and I hopped on the road again, heading north. We spent Friday on Cape Cod for a quick visit with my family. Riesling enjoyed playing with Pippi, and it was great to see my parents. We hadn't seen them since before we were pregnant, so I had really looked forward to this visit - even if it was just an overnight!

On Saturday, we headed West. My friend, San, is moving to Seattle and we wanted to see her off. We had dinner at Kelly's and got to see a bunch of friends.
It was so much fun catching up with Courtney, San, Sharon and Kelly. I hadn't seen Courtney in eight years! It was a lot of driving (even Ries was sick of the car by Sunday), but I'm really glad I got to see so many people. However, for our next visit north, I think we will leave out some of the stops!

No comments: