Monday, February 02, 2009

Guapos, Mandy, AND Super Bowl?!

A fabulous weekend! Friday night, I went with coworkers for the annual dinner at Guapos. We had many margaritas. And a lot of fun. I wish I could have stayed longer, but alas, I was one of the first to leave. Guapos is one of those times when I don't like taking the train. I can't wait till our Guapos dinner next year!

To make the weekend even better, Mandy came down from New York on Saturday! We both met up with Guzel downtown and headed straight for cupcakes at Hello Cupcake. They were a very tasty appetizer before heading to dinner. Dinner was at Marvin on U Street - wow. It was fantastic! We all agreed that we were very glad we had made reservations ahead. Even at 6:00, the line to get in was out the door (while we just scooted right by)! We chatted, laughed, were girly - it was great! Even better, I got to stay in DC overnight!! We rounded out the weekend with crepes for breakfast at Napoleon, where we were joined by Maeve, Anne & Stu.
And as if the weekend couldn't get any better... THE STEELERS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!! Nate and I drove up to Philadelphia Sunday night to watch the big game with his family. I'm so glad we could be with them through all the ups and downs of the game. We were all excited, scared, and thrilled together with each play. And the end was spectacular! All in all, a wonderful weekend!

No comments: